Background. Quite a large number of pre-revolutionary provincial Newspapers in Russia had hitherto been out of sight of researchers. The aim of the publication is the analysis of the weekly people’s literary and social journal “the Volga Duma” (1910–1911, Tsaritsyn, Saratov district) and the literary component of the publication in the genre and thematic diversity. It should be noted that this organ is practically not investigated and not included in the historical turnover, except that mentioned in the Handbook on pre-revolutionary periodical press of the Russian Empire, and local history literature.
Materials and methods. Implementation of research tasks was achieved through the use of documents retrieved from the funds of Russian state historical archive, the State archive of Volgograd region, funds of the Volgograd regional Museum of local lore, the foundations of the hall of rare and valuable editions of the Volgograd regional universal scientific library. Gorky. A special place is occupied arrays the published memoirs of contemporaries about the revolutionary movement in the Volga region in XIX–XX centuries. The set task was solved with the use of such research methods as contextual analysis edition, structural-functional analysis of the content of publications of texts.
Results. Investigated the literary component of the weekly people’s literary and social journal “the Volga Duma” (1910–1911, Tsaritsyn, Saratov uyezd) in its genre and thematic diversity of the Restored facts of life of some journalists and the reasons for the termination and publication.
Conclusions. Analysis of the publications showed that the magazine “Volga Duma” was interesting enough in the genre and thematic diversity. The intention of the publishers he was supposed to be printed on publishing articles on social and political issues. This study allows to clarify the role and place of journal “Volga Duma” in the history of the regional press, the Volgograd region, to identify new directions in the further study of scientific problems.
1. Golovkin, G. M. Istoriko-kraevedcheskie zapiski [Notes on regional history]. 1974, iss. 2, pp. 63–77.
2. Lunochkin A. V. Istoriko-kraevedcheskie zapiski [Notes on regional history]. 1989, iss. 7, pp. 155–160.
3. Lunochkin A. B. Istoriya Rossii: na perekrestke mneniy: materialy I mezhvuz. ist. chteniy, posvyashch. pamyati akademika B. S. Abalikhina (g. Volgograd, 15–16 maya
1995 g.) [Russian history: at the crossing of opinions: proceedings of I Interuniversity historical readings commemorating academician B. S. Abalikhin (Volgograd, 15th–16th May 1995)]. Volgograd, 1997, pp. 88–92.
4. Lunochkin A. V. Vestnik Volgogradskogo universiteta. Ser. 4, Istoriya. Regionovedenie. Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [Bulletin of Volgograd Univesity. Series 4, History, Regional studies. International relations]. 2002, iss. 7, pp. 114–121.
5. Mukhina S. L. Voprosy kraevedeniya: materialy V kraeved. Chteniy [Problems of local history, geography and culture: proceedings of V Local historical readings]. 1994, iss. 3, pp. 204–207.
6. Baykin A. G. Tsaritsyn: puteshestvie po stranitsam gorodskoy pechati [Tsaritsyn: a journey along the pages of municipal press]. Moscow: Kniga po Trebovaniyu, 2013, 462 p.
7. Tushkanov D. I. Aktual'nye problemy istoriko-kraevedcheskikh issledovaniy: sb. nauch. tr. [Topical problems of regional historical research: proceedings]. Krasnoslobodsk, 2015, pp. 78–84.
8. Sitnikova T. V. Rol' tsaritsynskoy pressy na rubezhe XIX–XX vekov v formirovanii kul'turnoy zhizni provintsii: materialy nauch. sessii (g. Volgograd, 21–25 aprelya 2014 g.) : v 2 ch. [The role of Tsaritsyn press at the turn of XIX–XX centuries in formation of the provincial cultural life: proceeding of a scientific session (Volgograd, 21st–25th April 2014): in 2 parts]. Volgograd, 2014, part 1, pp. 188–193.
9. Bolotov N. A., Boldyrev Yu. F., Komissarova E. V. Istoricheskaya i sotsial'no-obrazovatel'naya mysl' [Historical and socioeducational thought]. 2015, no. 7 (7/2), pp. 23–29.
10. Tomarev V. I. Proletariat Tsaritsyna v bor'be protiv samoderzhaviya [Tsaritsyn’s proletariat in the struggle against autocracy]. Volgograd, 1967, 82 p.
11. Bogdanova K. S., Dubrovina Z. F., Podlesnov N. O., Tomarev V. I. Ocherki istorii Volgogradskoy partiynoy organizatsii [Essays on the history of Volgograd Bolsheviks party organization]. Volgograd: Nizhne-Volzhskoe knizhnoe izd-vo, 1966, vol. 1, 200 p.
12. Sitnikova T. V. Kommunikatsiya v sovremennom mire: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Problemy massovoy kommunikatsii» [Communication in the modern world: proceedings of the All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Problems of mass communication”]. Voronezh, 2017, pp. 134–137.
13. Povolzhskaya duma. 1911, no. 7.
14. Bichekhvost N. F. Tayny starykh arkhivov [Secrets of old archives]. Volgograd: Izdatel', 2012, 416 p.
15. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Volgogradskoy oblasti [State Archive of Volgograd Region]. F. 6. Op. 1. D. 271. L. 37.
16. Vakhrushev A. A. Stanovlenie i razvitie pechati Vyatskoy gubernii (XIX–XX) [Establishment and development of Vyatka provincial press (XIX–XX centuries)]. Izhevsk, 1994, 65 p.
17. Shil'nikova O. G., Balashova Yu. B., Vasil'eva S. S., Velikanova I. V., Il'in D. Yu., Popova E. A., Smirnov V. B., Smirnova A. I., Sitnikova T. V., Smirnova E. A. Literaturnaya zhurnalistika kak resurs formirovaniya sotsiokul'turnogo prostranstva regiona (na materiale volgogradskikh SMI): monografiya [Literature journalism as a resource of regional sociocultural space formation (by the materials of Volgograd mass media): monograph]. Volgograd: Izd-vo VolGU, 2015, 423 p.
18. Lepilkina O. I. Izvestiya Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. A. I. Gertsena. Obshchestvennye i gumanitarnye nauki [Proceedings of Russian State Pedagogical University named after A. I. Gertsen. Social sciences and humanities].2008, no. 11 (71), p. 120.
19. Mukhina S. L. Beseduya o slavnoy starine: sb. ocherkov [Conversing about glorious ld times: ]. Volgograd: Nizhne-Volzhskoe knizhnoe izd-vo, 1989, p. 101.
20. Kroychik L. E. Sovremennyy gazetnyy fel'eton [Modern satiricle article]. Voronezh, 1975, 230 p.
21. Rumyantseva V. N. Stikhotvornyy fel'eton serediny XIX veka: N. A. Nekrasov, V. S. Kurochkin, D. D. Minaev : avtoref. dis. kand. filol. nauk: 10.01.01 [Poetic satiricle article in the mid XIX century: N. A. Nekrasov, V. S. Kurochkin, D. D. Minaev: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of philological sciences]. Samara, 2007, 19 p.
22. Bol'shoy tolkovyy slovar' russkogo yazyka [The Great explanatory dictionary of Russian language]. Ed. by S. A. Kuznetsov. 1st ed. Saint-Petersburg: Norint, 1998.
23. Tertychnyy A. A. Zhanry periodicheskoy pechati [Genres of periodical press]. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2000, 312 p.